Mexican Chicken Casserole
Mexican Chicken Casserole Recipe: it's easy and tasty!
* 1 whole chicken or 2 cans boned chicken
* 1 stick butter or margarine
* 1 medium onion
* 1 can green chilies
* 1 can tomato sauce and equal parts water
* 1 can evaporated milk
* 1/4 to 1/2 pound Velveeta cheese
* 1 large package Doritos (crushed)
1. Skin and bone 1 cooked fryer or use 2 cans of boned chicken.
2. Preheat oven to 350
3. Melt 1 stick butter and saute 1 medium onion. Add 1 can green chilies and mix with chicken and onions.
4. Make a sauce of: 1 can tomato sauce, one can water, one can evaporated milk, 1/4 to 1/2 pound of Velveeta cheese. Melt cheese, milk, water, and tomato sauce.
5. Put a layer of Doritos in bottom of large baking dish. Then put chicken mixture and sauce until all is used. Top with doritos. (I added a light sprinkling of shredded cheddar here) Cook until it's hot and bubbly (about 25 minutes).
Serve this delicious chicken Mexican casserole recipe with salad and beans.
Top of Mexican Chicken Casserole
More Chicken Casserole Recipes